2011年9月25日 星期日

special food of Hakka

     When we talk about a culture, we must can not miss its food. Hakka food are not like the big meal we usually see in the expensive restaurant, they are normal and tasy normal food just like we usually eat in our daily life at home. Though Hakka food are normal like palin dishes, they are features of Hakka culture. This is menu of the Hakka restaurant that I visited in Mei-Nong.



     In vegetables, like cabbage, fu vegetables,  water lilies, and so on which symbol Hakka food. Though they are normal like plain dishes, Hakka people usually eat them in their daily life. In meat, like fries pig intestines, sausage, squid, are famous and popular in Hakka dishes. 
Fu vegetables

 Squid

     Furthermore, the most famous food which represents Hakka is rice noodle. This is the most famous and popular food of Hakka, I found almost everywhere in Mei-Nong. Almost every restaurant in Mei-Mong sell rice noodle, and restaurants are full of people, including locals and tourists. In addition, in order to attract more people, some restaurants use rice noodle as name of their restaurants.


 Peanut tofu is my favorite Hakka food. I found it when I visited Mei-Mong. This dish is not like normal tofu that we usually eat. When you clip up the tofu, it won't shatter. It is tight and soft. 

3 則留言:

  1. Actually,I'm Hakka,but I'm not good at speaking Hakka.I love rice noodle very much!!There is one particular restaurant in Mei-Nong and my parents and I often go eat rice noodle there!!The restaurant is located near my grandparents'.And the tofu is also great.

    回覆刪除
  2. i like hakka food for its pretty salty and they tastes so good with rice. i like to eat sth very sweet or sth very salty. i really want to try the rice noodles cause i never heard of that before. people are just so smart, how can anyone think of making rice into noodles.so cool.
    yummy article thanks for sharing, Tina!!!

    回覆刪除
  3. I am a Hakka as well!!!:D
    Feel so comfortable and joyful when reading your article.
    When I was little, my excellent grandmom used to make us peanut tofu, and I regarded them as food from heaven!:) Ever since, I like this food a lot.:)

    回覆刪除