2012年1月4日 星期三

The Characteristic of Hakka People

  Hakka people is a branch of Chinese nation, they migrated to south of China because of the wars. They had been migrated for a long long time, they migrated to south of China, overseas islands and Taiwan. Because they keep migrating, this made their character became strong, bearable and hard-working. Because they had to make effort to keep alive. So, the special of their character is to be industrious and thrifty. they work hard in the farm everyday and live in an simple life.

 From the clothing, we can also fin out Hakka people's character. Most of their clothes are blue shirts, they are simple tailored, dressed comfortable, easy for working and not get diry easily. But this kind of clothing is hardly find in Mei-Nong, people sell blue shirts to tourists as souvenirs.
The famous place where sell blue shirts.

   The other special character of Hakka people is their food. Though they had been migrated, their food are simple but full their own feature. Salty is always the feature of Hakka people. Because they sweat when they work hard in the farm, plant the crop, they have to resupply the saline. And the type of food also reflacts Hakka people are thrifty. Simple meals, simple vegetables and the technique of preseved food by salt, these condition all tell us that how thrifty they are.
The famous Hakka food- rice noodle

Simple meals, simple vegetables.

salty food.
source:
 
 

5 則留言:

  1. woww, the picture which you provide is really vivid for your whole article. I'm also a Hakka people, but I don't know so much background and features of Hakka. Sometimes I found there are some differences of their accent. But most of them are always making effort and hard working :)

    回覆刪除
  2. I am a Hakka,too.But I don't know how to say Hakka language.Whenever I visit my grandfather,he always blames at me because I don't know to say Hakka language.
    I always want to learn the language but there is no one teaching.Even my father can speak Hakka but he always talks to me in Chinese.
    It's a pity that I don't know how to say Hakka language because I think it is a beautiful language.

    回覆刪除
  3. When you talk about Hakka food,I expect you to tell Hakka Stir-Fried with Squid. This dish is my favorite one. I'm a little sad that you didn't mention this one :(
    By the way, I like Hakka spirit. They do really work hard and very industrious!XD

    回覆刪除
  4. The hakka food really makes me hungry now:)
    Thanks for your introduction. I just know that Hakka people are a little stingyXD

    回覆刪除
  5. OMG, I am a Hakka but the history you talk about is new and fresh to me. I feel a little bit shamed...> <
    Also, the so-called characters of Hakka do not embodied on me. I am always so lazy!:(
    Among the Hakka cuisines I love the boar meat best. They are salty and delicious. Every time I visit a Hakka restaurant I will definitely order the dish.
    Have you ever tried that?:)

    回覆刪除